Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Introduction

Hi My name is Patricia. I like to be called Trish. I am currently a chemistry teacher at Immaculate Conception HS, I am also an associate professor at Felician College.
I have 1 son ( he is 3) , we love to play and bake together. We spent the summer doing lots of fun things.
I am currently going to St Peter's to earn my Masters in Education ( admin/ supervision). To date I have taken Educational Psychology. I am hoping to finish my degree by next August.

I use technology in my classroom via power point and computer based assignments. I am in full agreement that technology is a very important part of curriculum. I do believe we must use it with caution, because a student who becomes totally dependent on technology forgets how to think on their own. Technology must be a TOOL.

3 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Great intro, Trish.

Technology *is* a tool. It can be used effectively as well as ineffectively.

I hope this semester we will be able to examine some very useful ways to infuse technology into the curriculum.

Thanks for posting!

Violeta said...

I totally agree with you that technology is now an important component in classroom teaching and learning. I watched the video on "A vision of K-12.." and the given information are really interesting. Indeed, the kids nowadays are digital learners and to keep them engaged, teachers should be able to make use of technology in the classroom.

But the question is " Is technology readily available in the classroom?" Unfortunately, not every school or every classroom has it.

Heather said...

I definitely agree with you as far as the use of technology goes. Having it as a tool is excellent, but depending on it can harmful to the learning and teaching process as it takes away some of the credibility of the human brain.